Tuesday, August 20, 2013

NonDom weekly challenge #132

Oh boy this one was definitely a challenge. to use Bales as a monotangle using your non-dominant hand! I had to really think about this one. Bales is not a tangle that I had used before so first what I did was do a practice doodle with my right hand to get a feel for the pattern.
I was using a micron 01 pen but that one seemed to be running out of ink so I switched to  a fine point sharpie and jumped in.

Not too bad all things considered. I learned a few things about the process and myself. First, I had to really SLOW down. in order to control the pen with muscles that are not used to doing this kind of work I had to go slow and steady. I think I could increase my speed with a lot of practice.
Second, I found that if I drew a line in the opposite way than how I would do it right handed it worked better. I usually draw my lines from the top of the page downward and from left to right. The lines that came out best were when I was pulling the pen from bottom to top and right to left.
Third, I had to let go of my notions of perfect and just enjoy the Zen of drawing. By the end I was actually beginning to loosen up and enjoy the flow. Perhaps I will try more ZIA with my left hand using patterns that just flow from that side.





5 comments:

Anne's tangle blog said...

It was hard indeed, but as you said, it makes you learn a lot.
You did quite well.

Susan said...

I agree, I think we all learned a lot about ourselves from this challenge. Nicely done!

Anne's tangle blog said...

This was not very easy, but you did very well.

Tangles and More said...

I like your first tile. Like the contrast between the finer line and the bold fill. May want to check you link though. The one on the Diva's site (#27) goes to an error page.

CeciliaB said...

WOW you have an absolutely firm non-dom hand!!!